I think everyone has a different name for magic cookie bars– I grew up calling them 7 layer bars, but I've heard several variations along the way. To see an original version, click here
(but come back!).
I was excited to try a Thin Mint version, but wasn't totally sure how to approach it without the coconut and the pecans– that seemed a little empty.
And even after I had made them, and took a bite fresh out of the oven–
I was kind of like, “ehhhhhhh, they're ok…”
But they tasted a little “caramel-y” warm. Which does not go with mint.
So I set them on the counter to cool overnight, fingers crossed for a better result in the morning.
They were totally, completely, incredibly addictive.
Were, as in: past tense.
Because they are gone, gone, gone.
These are totally worth using an entire box of thin mints on.
And I don't mess around with my Thin Mints, so you can trust me…
I'm a professional.
A professional Thin Mint eater.
(and if you just can't bring yourself to part with an entire box, Keebler makes a great alternative)!
1 package (2 sleeves) of Thin Mints (or Keebler Grasshopper Fudge Mint Cookies)
1 c. White Chocolate Chips
6 tbsp. Butter or Margarine, melted
3/4 – 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- See more at: https://www.somethingswanky.com/thin-mint-magic-cookie-bars/#sthash.upqhzafh.dpuf
- Line 9×9 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour in melted butter.
- Crush one sleeve of thin mints (should be about 1 cup). Pour crumbs into the baking dish and press firmly and evenly into the butter, until smooth.
- Spread white chocolate chips over the crumbs, and pour 3/4 of the can of Sweetened condensed milk over top (the sweetened condensed milk should cover the top of the chocolate chips, but they shouldn’t be swimming in it).
- Break up the remaining thin mints into small chunks. Pour over the sweetened condensed milk and press in.
- Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- - See more at: https://www.somethingswanky.com/thin-mint-magic-cookie-bars/#sthash.upqhzafh.dpuf
Other Girl Scout Cookie themed recipes: