Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
How are your Resolutions holding up?
I didn’t really make any. I feel like I’m constantly goal-making, so…. why bother making a big thing of it once a year? Every Monday is New Years over here!
We do make family goals though– three. We try to make one goal financial, one spiritual, and one that’s fun (like go on a family vacation). 2012 was a big, fat Swank family FAIL on all three counts. So our goals this year were easy to make… we’re just trying again for all the same goals in 2013 :) Wish us luck… apparently these aren’t easy feats for us!
Weight loss is, of course a DAILY struggle for me. I had really wanted to lose about 15 lbs before Blog Conference season. And instead, I gained 5! So here I am, with about 20 lbs to lose, and less than 6 weeks till my first Conference. Not ideal…
While I’m certainly no master, obviously, of the weight loss game, there is one trick that I’ve found to be really helpful: smoothies. I shared with you my stand by smoothie recipe last summer. It’s simply Crystal Light and frozen fruit blended together into one perfectly sweet smoothie. I know there’s a lot more you can do with smoothies beyond my little ol’ recipe. But I really love it because it’s SUPER easy to blend, affordable, easy to change up, and takes care of a serving of water and two serving of fruit. Plus you can always add to it if you need a little extra protein or iron or whatever.
This smoothie is the more decadent cousin to that recipe. I used almond milk instead of Crystal Light and a little bit of cheesecake pudding mix, and the whole thing comes in at 1 WW points+ (gotta love that free fruit)!
Notes about this recipe:
- I always blend my smoothies in a mason jar for minimal dirty dishes! For a visual on how to do this, check out my Easy Skinny Smoothie post from the summer.
- The almond milk measurement is somewhat approximate. Add a little more for a thinner smoothie, a little less for a thicker smoothie. I like to make the milk just level with the strawberries– I eyeball it rather than measure.
- Add a big fat dollop of whipped cream (fat free of course!) and some crumbled graham crackers for the full “cheesecake effect.” Not included in my WW points calculation.
- You can skip the additional sweetener if you want– it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. But I do think it makes it taste a little more dessert like. And I like that :)
Skinny Treats from Friends:
- Skinny Lemon Ice Cream by Crazy for Crust
- Skinny Frozen Hot Chocolate by Skinny Taste (this is where I go for all my skinny recipes!)
- Skinny Pancakes by Chef in Training
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Party Popcon Saturday: Cran-Apple Cinnamon Popcorn - December 20, 2014
- Rocky Road Fudge - December 18, 2014
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014