Easy Skinny Smoothie
Are you all on Pinterest? Please say yes.
And then please say you follow me. Thanks.
Anyway. I have a pin board completely devoted to Words. Funny phrases, inspirational thoughts, and random insights. I think most people do. I always like to see what kinds of “words” somebody else has pinned– it’ll tell you everything you need to know about a person 😉
One of my very favorite “words” pins goes something like this: ” I always want only two things: to lose weight and to eat.“
I can get behind those words about 1,000%.
And so I’m always thrilled to find a treat that allows me to do both: lose weight and eat.
This little gem of a smoothie is consumed like liquid candy in our house. All three of us have a glass with literally each meal every single day.
It’s delicious. Seriously, seriously yummy. And I don’t mean “healthy yummy.” I mean, really, truly, jamba-juice-worthy yummy.
The best part? I don’t even know where to start! How about five best parts:
1) It’s 2 servings of fruit and 1 serving of water.
2) You can easily make it a single serving.
3) It’s not expensive.
4) 2 ingredients. Seriously.
5) There are about 50 gazillion variations.
And the more you drink, the better!
- Approximately 2 cups frozen fruit
- Approximately 1 cup Crystal Light (or any other artificially sweetened water)
- Blend blend together until smooth.
Notes about this recipe:
- our favorite is a bagged mix from Walmart with strawberries, peaches, mangoes, and pineapple. It’s $8.00 for (what I consider to be) a pretty gigantic bag.
- sometimes we include frozen bananas– they make it creamier and cheaper (bananas are the least expensive fruit).
- we love “Orange Sunrise” and “Strawberry Orange Banana” (pictured)
For super easy blending and drinking: simply place the fruit in a mason jar and fill to the top with the Crystal Light. Screw on the base to any standard Oster-like blender (it’ll fit!). Fit onto the blender and pulse until smooth.
*Disclaimer: I’m not claiming this smoothie as a “healthy smoothie.” It’s not jam packed with protein and flax seed and other muscle building/toning/etc. supplements. I’m only saying that it is an effective and tasty means of consuming the recommended amount of fruit and water in a day, as well as a way to satisfy your sweet tooth for no additional weight waters points+. No need to leave me comments about how you could add whey powder or greek yogurt or how artificial sweeteners will kill you. Thanks.
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.