Chocolate Donuts with Irish Cream Ganache
I love this donut recipe. Plain and simple. It’s never, ever failed me when I’m in need of a good, bakery quality donut. It’s simple to make, quick to bake, and stays yummy throughout the day (although they rarely last that long).
I grabbed this recipe from Milk & Honey about a year ago and what a gem it’s been in our home. We don’t have a bakery in our town (or even the next town over), and I am a big time donuts-on-Saturday-morning person. It’s just something that’s always felt really cozy to me. I used to love it when my Dad would get up early to go buy donuts for us on a Saturday morning. It made the whole day feel special. And I love bringing that same feeling to my family by making donuts for them.
Something you should know about this recipe is that I’m not really providing any measurements for the ganache. The way I make ganache is really simple, and it’s never failed me. Unless I try to measure it out. So I’ve just stopped trying to measure altogether.
But listen closely, and you won’t have a bit of trouble: making ganache is all about eyeballing it. Pour any amount of chocolate chips into a small bowl. In this case, when we only need enough to cover 12 donuts, I’d say about 1 1/2 cups is probably perfect (for those of you who have to have a measurement). And then simply pour the creamer in until it’s just level with the chocolate chips. (If you want thicker ganache, pour slightly less creamer. If you want more of a glaze, use a little more creamer). Microwave the bowl for 1 minute. Remove and whisk until a perfect ganache forms (takes maybe a minute).
- Donuts from Friends:
- Black and White Donuts by Something Swanky (had to share, they’re my faves :) )
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Donuts by Crazy For Crust
- Chocolate Mint Donuts by Inside BruCrew Life
- Blueberry Buttermilk Cake Donuts by Buns in My Oven
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Chocolate Stuffed M&M’S® Skillet Cookie - February 8, 2016
- Last Minute Super Bowl Recipes + Dad’s Famous Chili Recipe - February 7, 2016
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - February 4, 2016