I’m gonna go ahead and just put it out there: this is my very favorite recipe this month. I know that’s a little bold– after all, it’s only the 19th. But these were so, so, SO good.
You have to try them. TODAY,
if possible no matter what!
Truthfully, these bad boys almost didn’t happen at all. After the Strawberry Peanut Butter M&M incident of ’09 (the incident being that they were ever created and shelved in stores– eww!), I’m a little wary of new M&M flavors.
White Chocolate? Strike one– it’s not my favorite.
Candy Corn? Strike two– you know how I feel about candy corn.
M&M? Well, that’s what saved it, in the end. I just couldn’t turn my back on my very favorite candy of all time and was compelled to try them.
Good call, Ashton. Good call.
If you like White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, this recipe BELONGS in your life at Halloween. Enjoy!
Candy Corn M&M Macadamia Nut Cookies
Recipe Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of vanilla (I used paste)
- 1 1/4 c. AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 3/4 c. Candy Corn M&Ms (Wal Mart)
- 1/4 c. white chocolate chips
- Using a paddle attachment in a stand mixer, cream together the shortening, butter, and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix in the macadamia nuts, M&Ms, and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoon, and bake at 375º for 9 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet.
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!