Easy Skinny Smoothie
Are you all on Pinterest? Please say yes.
And then please say you follow me. Thanks.
Anyway. I have a pin board completely devoted to Words. Funny phrases, inspirational thoughts, and random insights. I think most people do. I always like to see what kinds of “words” somebody else has pinned– it’ll tell you everything you need to know about a person ;)
One of my very favorite “words” pins goes something like this: ” I always want only two things: to lose weight and to eat.“
I can get behind those words about 1,000%.
And so I’m always thrilled to find a treat that allows me to do both: lose weight and eat.
This little gem of a smoothie is consumed like liquid candy in our house. All three of us have a glass with literally each meal every single day.
It’s delicious. Seriously, seriously yummy. And I don’t mean “healthy yummy.” I mean, really, truly, jamba-juice-worthy yummy.
The best part? I don’t even know where to start! How about five best parts:
1) It’s 2 servings of fruit and 1 serving of water.
2) You can easily make it a single serving.
3) It’s not expensive.
4) 2 ingredients. Seriously.
5) There are about 50 gazillion variations.
And the more you drink, the better!
Notes about this recipe:
- our favorite is a bagged mix from Walmart with strawberries, peaches, mangoes, and pineapple. It’s $8.00 for (what I consider to be) a pretty gigantic bag.
- sometimes we include frozen bananas– they make it creamier and cheaper (bananas are the least expensive fruit).
- we love “Orange Sunrise” and “Strawberry Orange Banana” (pictured)
For super easy blending and drinking: simply place the fruit in a mason jar and fill to the top with the Crystal Light. Screw on the base to any standard Oster-like blender (it’ll fit!). Fit onto the blender and pulse until smooth.
*Disclaimer: I’m not claiming this smoothie as a “healthy smoothie.” It’s not jam packed with protein and flax seed and other muscle building/toning/etc. supplements. I’m only saying that it is an effective and tasty means of consuming the recommended amount of fruit and water in a day, as well as a way to satisfy your sweet tooth for no additional weight waters points+. No need to leave me comments about how you could add whey powder or greek yogurt or how artificial sweeteners will kill you. Thanks.
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - August 27, 2016
- Pinterest’s Best Pumpkin Recipes in 2016 - August 26, 2016
- Yellow Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting - August 24, 2016