White Chocolate Cinnamon Muddy Buddies Recipe
Muddy buddies should really come with a warning label. I mean, any great dessert is a little dangerous, sure. But muddy buddies are ridiculous. They should be clearly marked, “YOU WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, BE ABLE TO STOP EATING THESE.”
And these White Chocolate Cinnamon Muddy Buddies need a big, fat, blinking NEON warning sign! White chocolate and cinnamon are one of my favorite flavor combinations. I personally think it trumps all the greats…. yes, including peanut butter and chocolate!
And funny enough… I'm not really much of a white chocolate lover. Only when it's with cinnamon!
For me, I think the obsession with white chocolate and cinnamon began sometime around these White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Pudding Cookies.
And there used to be these little puffed rice snacks at Costco that were cinnamon flavored with a white chocolate drizzle. Did anyone else ever LOVE those? They were supposed to for “dieting,” but I'd down 2 or 3 bags at a time during my favorite shows. Obviously, that purpose was lost on me.
These are insanely delicious and impossible to quit. And with only 3 ingredients, this recipe is SUPER easy to throw together and can be served immediately! It's perfect for entertaining, packaging up for neighbors and friends, or just munching on during family movie night.
I'm sure you're going to love these as much as we do!
- 13.5 ounce box Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate melting candy (see notes for instructions using white chocolate chips)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt the white chocolate melting candy in a large microwave safe bowl (according to the directions on package, usually heat for about 1 minute).
- Pour all of the cereal into the bowl. Use a large rubber spatula to gently mix and coat the cereal in the white chocolate.
- Set aside. Place the powdered sugar and the cinnamon in a gallon sized ziptop bag. Spoon the cereal mixture into the bag. Seal the bag and shake well until the cereal is coated in the powdered sugar. Transfer to a bowl for serving.
I strongly recommend using white melting candy INSTEAD of white chocolate chips. Melting candy will melt faster, smoother, and is less likely to seize or burn. It will also cool and harden quicker and better. However, if you only have white chocolate chips on hand or simply just prefer white chocolate chips, follow these instructions instead of the melting directions above:
1. Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the white chocolate morsels in a 2-quart saucepan over medium low heat. Stir CONTINUALLY until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Pour the white chocolate over the cereal and gently mix until cereal is coated.
Continue with instructions as written above.
Check out these other great recipes from my and my friends!