Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies Recipe
Are you ready to learn more about Dove Chocolate than you ever thought there was to know? If you're not… get ready. Because I have got a lot of ground to cover today, folks!
I've been working with Dove Chocolate to bring today's recipe to you, and it's a doozy! These cookies are filled to the brim with creamy and rich dark chocolate and crunchy hazelnuts. Seriously, amazingly delicious.
And here's why:
- DOVE® uses specially selected cocoa beans to deliver its signature taste, a special process that produces the unique silky smooth texture, and thoughtfully designed chocolate shapes and packaging to provide a chocolate experience like no other.
- DOVE® Dark Chocolate naturally delivers cocoa flavanols by making its chocolate using the special Cocoapro process – a patented process that gently handles chocolate, from bean to finished product, so as to preserve more of the flavanols naturally found in cocoa.
- The percentage of cacao does not determine Cocoa Flavanol content of chocolate. It is the handling of cocoa from bean to bar that matters. And DOVE® is a natural source of cocoa flavanols.
DOVE® Chocolate delivers the best tasting milk and dark chocolate using a patented and proprietary method of processing the highest quality cocoa beans from 20° north and south of the equator. So it should come as no surprise that that DOVE® is the #1 solid dark chocolate on the market!
DOVE® Chocolate is owned by Mars Chocolate North America, one of the world’s leading food manufacturers. And they're not just working hard to bring you awesome chocolate, they're providing you with awesome entertaining and recipe ideas too! In fact I got this very cookie recipe from their site, brightideas.com!
With the holidays right around the corner, brightideas.com is a pretty awesome resource to keep in mind! I've already seen a few recipes that I can't wait to try out! Like these Raspberry Almond Chocolate Crepes, Triple Chocolate Petit Fours, and these Chocolate Smoked Almonds!
If they're all as good as these cookies, then my waistline is in BIG trouble! (No pun intended 😉
- 1 bag DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the sheet pans with foil and set aside.
- Melt half of the DOVE Dark Chocolate with the butter in the top of a double
- boiler until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile,
- roughly chop the remaining chocolate and set aside.
- To make the batter, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set
- aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture and cooled chocolate and beat for 1 minute. Fold in the remaining
- chopped DOVE Dark Chocolate and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart. Bake
- for approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire
- rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet pans.
This recipe was provided for me to use in this post by DOVE Chocolate. It was not created by me.
Share the Joy with Dove®. Go to BrightIdeas.com for recipes using DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and DOVE® Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Bar. Click. Create. Celebrate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mars®. The opinions and text are all mine.