Whipped Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
These Whipped Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes are for the ultimate chocolate lovers! Don’t attempt serving without milk ????.
Be sure to check out all of my cupcakes!
Main Ingredients Needed for Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- chocolate chips
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
I used my favorite Doctored Up Cake Mix recipe for the cupcakes, but feel free to use your favorite recipe!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- It’s really, really important to whip the ganache when it’s at the right temperature/texture. If you try to whip it up into frosting before it’s cool enough, it will be thin and runny. And if you try to speed up the cooling by placing it in the refrigerator, you run the risk of making it too hard to whisk at all. If you have the time, the very best method is to let it cool completely at room temperature. I made the ganache before I went to bed and left it on the counter to cool overnight. It was perfect the next morning.
- The powdered sugar and milk are optional ingredients. They’re at your disposal if you want to thicken up the frosting or thin it out a bit. Don’t add too much of either, but if you need to make a slight adjustment– go for it!
- This frosting is completely pipeable, yay!!
- I found it spread the easiest immediately after whipping. Once it sits for a while, it begins to stiffen up a bit. Which is fine for piping, but a little difficult for smooth spreading.
Related Recipe Video: Red Velvet Cupcakes
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”rHnbQoDU” upload-date=”2019-01-08T21:15:09.000Z” name=”Tasty Red Velvet” description=””]
- 18.25 ounce devil’s food cake mix
- 3 oz pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (fat free or regular for both works fine)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat together all of ingredients until smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips if using.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Divide batter evenly in two (12-count) cupcake tins. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Over low heat (or in the microwave) heat the cream and butter until bubbling. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth and melted.
- Let cool to room temperature (you can speed this up by placing it in the fridge for about 45 minutes, but don't let it get so hard that it's not easily scooped with a spoon).
- Transfer cooled ganache to a stand mixer, and use the whisk attachment to whip until fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add up to 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1-3 tablespoons of milk to adjust the consistency if desired.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Love Cupcakes? Me too!
Check out my favorite cupcake recipes.