Using Leftovers: Press and Fill
- I love this recipe, because no matter what you have on hand– it works somehow! Too few chocolate chips to put into cookies but too many to justify eating alone? Got the cake all frosted, but what to do with that 1/2 cup leftover frosting? Misread the recipe and accidentally quintupled the cookie dough recipe
- Any leftovers
- Start with leftover cookie dough or brownie batter (or in my case, an accidental extreme excess of cookie dough… don’t ask).
- Bake 1/2 tablespoon of dough or batter in a greased mini muffin tin. On average, you’re looking at about 350º for about 10 minutes.
- Once baked, press the back of a tablespoon into the cookie or brownie before cooling, creating a shallow “bowl.”
- Once they’ve cooled, remove from the tin and fill with whatever you’ve got on hand! Some ideas are: frosting, chocolate, peanut butter, ganache, caramel, nutella.
|Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, leftover canned frosting, and sprinkles!|
And here’s another one that I did: shortbread cookies and chocolate frosting,
If You Enjoyed PB Turtle Kiss Surprise Cookies, Try More Of My Recipes!
This Caramel Apple Sheet Cake is the perfect Fall dessert! Delicious apple spice sheet cake soaked in caramel sauce and topped with caramel icing.