Twix Cheesecake Ice Cream – No Machine Needed!
I consider ice cream to be the ultimate in summertime refreshment. Keep your snow cones, popsicles, and lemonades. Hand me a bowl and a spoon over those any hot, summer day!
Which is why my blogging bestie, Dorothy from Crazy for Crust, and I have teamed up to bring our ice-cream-loving readers Ice Cream Week!
Because every great foodie themed week needs it’s own hashtag.
Of course, #icecreamweek has been done before. And it has, like, 179 posts from other people. But the most recent ones will belong to Dorothy and me. So if you’re on Instagram and Twitter, you should follow along! And probably grab a spoon.
(FRIENDS reference not intended, but totally awesome if you read it that way).
So. Let’s talk about this ice cream.
While not every ice cream recipe I post this week will be no-churn/no-machine, this one is. I figured it was best to start with a killer recipe everyone could make, whether you own an ice cream machine or not! If you own a freezer and a hand mixer (or stand mixer or food processor…. or just an insane amount of whisking power in your arm), this recipe is FOR YOU.
The “batter” is made up of sweetened condensed milk, Cool Whip, and cream cheese. It tastes just like cheesecake, and I’m obsessed with this recipe (I’ve also used it in this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and this Red Velvet Cheesecake Ice Cream— both are awesome).
Adding to the cheesecake vibe, I’ve also included graham cracker crust chunks. Honestly, those are probably my favorite part. I’m a graham cracker junkie.
Finally, I’ve crammed as many Twix candy bar bites into this ice cream as humanly possible. I mean, I had to leave some room for the ice cream. But other than that, it’s Twixed-out to the max!
Of course, you could really sub in any candy bar that you’d like. Twix is my favorite candy bar, like, 89% of the time. But I think this would also be really great with Snickers, M&Ms, Reese’s, or Butterfinger!
….or alllllllllllllll of the candy. ;)
Cheesecake Ice Cream Batter
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened*
- 1/4 cup butter, softened*
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (I use lite)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Graham Cracker Crust Chunks
- 9 sheets honey graham crackers
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Twix candy bars
Cheesecake Ice Cream Batter:
- Using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or food processor*, beat together the cream cheese and the butter until smooth.
- Mix in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Mix in the Cool Whip, lemon juice, vanilla, and pinch of salt. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust Chunks:
- In a large zip top bag, crush the graham crackers (I use a rolling pin) into fine crumbs.
- Add the butter to the bag and seal it. Microwave for 30 seconds, until butter is mostly melted. Use your hands to "squish" the butter and the graham cracker crumbs together until the graham crackers are moistened and clumping together.
- Add the graham cracker mixture and the chopped candy bars to the ice cream batter bowl. Use a large spatula to gently fold them in.
- Pour into a loaf pan or ice cream container. Cover tightly and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
*I'm too forgetful and/or impatient to ever soften my cream cheese and butter enough to use a hand mixer or stand mixer (you'll have clumps using those mixers without complete softening). So I usually use a food processor to make my ice cream batter. It eliminates lumps and creates a perfectly smooth batter without having to wait for butter or cream cheese to soften.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!