Salted Caramel & Toffee Cheesecake Rice Pudding
So tell me… who is back to work already??
I’m hoping that NONE of you are! But I think I vaguely remember from my Enterprise days going back to work on January 2. It just depends on what line of work you’re in, huh?
Customer Service folks– you’re back to the grind already, right? No rest for you!
(Seriously, I empathize… never put me back in CS again!! Bleh!)
Can I tell you what the secret to happiness in a career is? Quit your day job and start a dessert blog.
I’m not even kidding around here.
Set your own hours. Feel guilty when you’re NOT spending time on Facebook. Every day is cake-at-the-office day.
I’m telling you, just do it! I mean… minus having the Dinosaur Train theme song stuck in my head all day, the thick coating of powdered sugar that has settled over my kitchen, and carrying an extra 15 lbs of chocolate chips around my waist….
…this is the life ;)
- 1 - 3.4 oz package instant Jell-O pudding mix, cheesecake flavor
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup Smuckers caramel sundae sauce
- 1 - 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 cup cooked white rice, chilled
- 1 1/2 tso sea salt
- 1 cup Heath Chocolate and Toffee Bits (not Bit O' Brickle) + extra for garnishing
- Whisk together the pudding mix, milk, and caramel sundae sauce until smooth and thick. Whisk in the cool whip, switching to a rubber spatula in order to completely fold in all of the cool whip.
- Mix in the sea salt, white rice, and heath bits. Use a spatula to break up any clumps of rice.
- Divide evenly into 6 serving dishes and garnish generously with more Heath Bits.