Nutella Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This bread is your new best friend. No, really.
I could have easily eaten the entire loaf all by myself. Easily.
In the interest of full disclosure, I'll go ahead and warn you that it does not have a super strong Nutella flavor. I'm going to try adding 1/4 tsp of Hazelnut extract to it next time, just to experiment. But, I'm telling you: it really doesn't even need that.
The Nutella flavor may be subtle (at least to a Nutella enthusiast like myself), but it definitely adds an extra layer of chocolate flavor to the bread. Which makes it just perfect.
It's soft and moist, and decadent. And it's comfy at the same time, just like Banana Bread should be.
I know you'll love it 🙂
Recipe adapted from: Crazy For Crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare two loaf dishes by lining with parchment paper and greasing lightly with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix oil, Nutella, and sugar in a large bowl with a stand mixer.
- Add the bananas, eggs, buttermilk, and baking soda to the Nutella mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add flour and chocolate chips, until just combined. Try not to overmix!
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.