Rolo Pretzel M&M Cookies
These delicious cookies have been MIA on my blog for the past couple of years while I’ve been re-working the recipe to make it just right. When I first posted this recipes, I used Rolos and Pretzel M&MS. And you can still do that if you want. But this time around, it seems like Pretzel M&MS are getting harder and harder to find in stores. Is that the case for anyone else? I decided to go with a recipe similar to my Copycat Panera Kitchen Sink Cookies, so I crushed the pretzels and tossed them in with the Rolos and plain M&MS.
Check out my favorite recipes with M&MS!
Ingredients Needed for Rolo Pretzel M&M Cookies
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- Plain M&MS
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Save a handful of pretzels, Rolos, and M&MS to press into the tops of the cookies after they bake. I cut the Rolos in half before adding them to the tops. It makes them look so good and melty!
- DON’T cut the Rolos before mixing them into the dough. DON’T. Not unless you want caramel melting all over your baking sheet and making the cookies impossible to lift off. You’ve been warned.
- You can leave the pretzels in large chunks if you want. But I really enjoy the taste and texture when they have been finely crushed.
- Remember that M&MS bleed their colors if chilled. So while you technically can refrigerate or freeze this dough for whatever reason, just remember that the colors may bleed some. I recommend baking the entire batch on the same day you make the dough and avoid any kind of chilling.
- Feel free to use 2 cups of Pretzel M&MS in place of the M&MS and pretzels.
Check out these Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rolo Pretzel M&M Cookies
The ultimate sweet & salty cookie! Thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Caramel M&Ms and pretzels.
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Plain M&MS
- 1 cup Rolos, whole and unwrapped
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
Stir in the sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
Combine dry ingredients together and stir into the butter and sugar mixture until dough forms.
Stir in the Plain M&MS, Rolos, and pretzels.
Scoop dough (about 2 tbsp) onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
Bake for 9 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Let cool on the pan for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!