Red Velvet Cake Mix Biscotti
So….. I lied. Turns out I had another red velvet recipe in the arsenal. But, hey! Who doesn’t like that, right??
This week is a little crazier than usual. I’m gearing up to head to SLC for the Build Your Blog Conference! And I am seriously so excited, and I can’t wait to meet so many of you there!!
This is my first blog conference “season,” and I’m crazy nervous about it! I mean, nervous in a good way, of course. But… still nervous. Like I keep going through my checklist about a million times trying to get ready…
So far, I’ve…
Broken in a new pair of jeans. Don’t laugh, it was not easy!
Ordered TWO sets of adorable business cards.
Learned that I do, in fact, need to bring a media kit.
Bought a laptop that doesn’t need to be plugged in to work.
Acquired 3 roomies and a rental car.
Found baby sitters for the times my husband has class or work.
Outlined a meal plan for the rest of the week and stuck it on the fridge.
Trimmed, filed, and buffed my nails (waiting until tomorrow to paint– don’t want any chips for this weekend)!
Things I still have yet to do…
Get the lasagna ready and in the fridge for Chris.
Sew a new laptop cover (my new one is bigger).
Actually make said media kit.
Change my rental time from 9am to 8am.
Decide what I’m going to say when I speak at the conference…. (KIDDING…. er… maybe…)
Schedule out posts for while I’m gone (eeek! Including two sponsored posts!)
Write two guests posts for friends (already late on those– sorry gals).
Clear out my inbox (will take at least 2 hours) and set the away message for the weekend.
Start and finish a blog design.
Start and finish an Etsy banner design.
Participate in all of my FB blogger support groups.
Cut out fruit into heart shapes for my daughter’s preschool Valentine’s day party.
Address all of my daughter’s valentines.
One of those lists definitely seems longer than the other…. Good thing tomorrow is a preschool morning!!
Anyway. I hope you all are having a fantastic week and looking forward to Valentine’s day!! These biscotti are SUPER easy to make (they use a cake mix!), just be sure to make them the night before so they have time to cool completely.
And for those of you heading to BYBC– see you soon!!!!!!!!
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Combine cake mix, flour, butter, eggs & vanilla in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half & shape into a 12x2 inch log; place logs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Make your hand into a "wide" "c" and then press lightly on the dough log w/ your hand to get the biscotti shape.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 - 35', lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 15 minutes, then cut the logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange slices on the baking sheets, side up.
- Bake for 10' more, cool completely.
Notes about this recipe:
- I dipped mine in white chocolate and pecans, but do whatever you want with these to make them fun!!
- Don’t over bake them– they’ll crumble.
Biscotti from Friends:
- Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More Chocolate
- Nutella Biscotti by Baking Bites
- Turtle Biscotti by Shugary Sweets