Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Calling all cheesecake lovers! This Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake will have you totally revved up for Fall! With an Oreo crust, pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate chips and more Oreos on top, these cheesecake bars are decadent and seriously perfect for Fall.
I have to say… I have been so confused as to which month we’re in. As soon as August ended, out came the pumpkin and candy corn! I’m already thinking about pies for Thanksgiving, and I’m calculating how long I have before I need to start working on chocolate peppermint recipes.
I know this happens every year, but I think I’m running a little bit sluggish this year, because I just can’t seem to keep up. Not only can I not remember which month we’re currently in, I’m also having a little trouble keeping the order of the upcoming holidays correct in my mind!
I’m not kidding. If you asked me if Halloween or Christmas was up next… it would definitely take me no less than 3 minutes to answer you.
And for those of you with birthdays in the next 4 months… well… I wouldn’t hold my breath that I’ll remember on time! Sorry buds.
Anyway. That’s why I love Pumpkin for this time of year. It spans over Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and pretty much all of Fall and Winter in general. And we all know that Oreos are timeless, perfect for any time of year. So that’s an obvious easy pairing. And I can use all of the obvious and easy I can get these days!
Speaking of easy… these cheesecake bars are so simple and easy to make. I think cheesecake gets a totally incorrect reputation of being difficult to make. But the truth is that they’re really no harder than any other cake! Make the crust (ok, so that’s one extra step), whip up the batter, bake and chill. Voila! Nothing scary at all…
…unless you’re making these for Halloween. In which case, they’re spoooooooky good! 😉
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies + 5 cookies for topping
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch-square pan with foil, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the crust: crush the 20 cookies in food processor until small crumbs. Mix in butter. Press evenly into pan. Bake until firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make filling: with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in pumpkin, and then the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the vanilla, flour, spice and salt.
- Pour mixture into pan. Crumble the 5 extra chocolate sandwich cookies over the top of the filling. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over. Swirl slightly with a knife.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until cheesecake is set around edges but jiggles slightly in center.
- Cool completely and cover with plastic wrap. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
Recipe from: All You
Don’t miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky:
Then I know you’ll love these recipes from me and my friends!