Lunch Lady Brownies
These Lunch Lady Brownies are soft and chewy with a fudgy, crackly chocolate frosting.
A few things to note about this recipe:
- Honestly, there’s not much to add to this section! These are pretty straightforward from start to finish. Basically just mix ’em up and slather them in chocolate icing straight outta the oven. You’re going to love this recipe.
What’s my favorite thing about this recipe?
Hands down the chocolate icing. It’s AMAZING. It’s everything I’m ever looking for in an icing for my brownies. And I love that the icing hardens just a teensy little bit, giving you that crackly top.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk ( I used whole)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by lightly spraying with nonstick cooking spray and lining with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the 1 cup melted butter with the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and powdered sugar until batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for about 15 minutes before icing.
Make the icing:
- Whisk together the melted butter, milk, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar until smooth icing forms.
- Pour the icing over the brownies and spread as needed. Let cool completely before cutting.