Leprechaun Chow is a fun and festive St. Patrick’s day treat! Made with white chocolate coated kettle corn and rice cereal with candy coated pretzel “clovers”.
Check out my other St. Patrick’s Day desserts.
Ingredients Needed for Leprechaun Chow
- kettle corn (I like Boom Chicka Pop)
- rice squares cereal (like Chex)
- mini pretzel twists
- white chocolate melting candy
- green melting candy (like Wilton)
Recipe Tips & Notes
- If you want to make the little leprechaun hats that you see in the picture, you’ll also need mini fudge covered Oreos, miniature marshmallows, melting chocolate, and candy coated sunflower seeds. I felt like the hats weren’t really worth the trouble in the end, but I’ll provide directions for making them in the recipe box just in case you’d like to make them :)
- Adding green M&MS or any other green candies would make a great addition.
- You could sub Luck Charms in place of the Chex cereal for a little added St. Patrick’s day pizazz!
Related Recipe Video: Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 4 cups kettle corn
- 4 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 12 ounces white melting chocolate (like Wilton or Ghirardelli), melted
- 1/2 cup green melting candy (like Wilton)
- Optional: green sprinkles, gold sprinkles
- Pour the kettle corn and cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt the white melting candy according to the directions on the package. Once melted and smooth, pour over the cereal and kettle corn. Use a large rubber spatula to gently stir and coat everything well.
- Spread mixture on a large nonstick surface (like a silicone baking mat or parchment paper) to allow to cool and harden (10-20 minutes). If desired, sprinkle with gold sprinkles before candy has hardened.
- Meanwhile, make the pretzel "clovers." Melt the green melting candy according to the directions on the package in a medium bowl. Add the pretzels and gently stir to coat the pretzels in green.
- Use a toothpick to gently remove pretzels individually and place them each on a nonstick surface (like silicone or parchment paper). If desired, add green sprinkles before the candy has hardened.
- Transfer the cooled popcorn mix and candy coated pretzels to a bowl for serving.
In a small bowl, melt about 1/2 cup of melting chocolate according to package directions. Use a toothpick to dip a marshmallow in the chocolate and place it on a mini fudge covered Oreo (use another toothpick to gently slide the marshmallow off the first toothpick). Press green candy coated sunflower seeds onto the marshmallow. Let cool to harden before adding to the mix.
See note in the post about the Leprechaun hats.
Love Popcorn? Me too!
In fact, I wrote a book all about popcorn! Here are my favorite recipes.