Firecracker Popcorn Chow
White chocolate coated kettle corn, M&MS, and Firecracker Oreos come together in just a few minutes to make this Firecracker Popcorn Chow. Perfect for the 4th of July!
CHECK OUT MY 4TH OF JULY DESSERTS ALBUM ON FACEBOOK!
This Firecracker Popcorn Chow takes 15 minutes and 4 simple ingredients.
- Melt the white chocolate in a large bowl.
- Add the kettle corn, Oreos, and M&MS to the bowl.
- Mix it all up.
- Spread it out and let it harden. Voila!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- You could use regular popcorn in a pinch, but I really prefer using kettle corn for a candy coated popcorn mix. Even though I use a melting chocolate candy (more on that in the next bullet point) designed for coating, there’s still enough moisture in it to make the popcorn a little less crisp than I’d like it. It also shortens the shelf life quite a bit to use regular popcorn instead of kettle corn. The sugar coating on kettle corn keeps it crisp and crunchy for a while!
- I usually use Boom Chicka Pop kettle corn, because it’s easy! But you could also make your own Kettle Corn at home!
- I always use melting candy (like Wilton’s or Ghirardelli) for any recipes that involve coating something in chocolate. It melts easily with a low risk of seizing or burning, coats evenly, hardens quickly, and doesn’t melt immediately in your hands. You can generally find this kind of melting candy at Target (Ghirardelli), Walmart (Wilton’s and/or Ghirardelli), and Michaels or other craft stores (Wilton’s).
- Be sure to spread the popcorn out on a nonstick surface like parchment paper or a silicone mat. This will make it much easier to transfer to a serving bowl or into gift bags.
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, PARTY POPCORN.
- 10 cups kettle corn
- 10-12 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup crumbled Firecracker Oreos
- 2 cups Red, White, and Blue M&Ms
- Place kettle corn in a large bowl. Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels! Add the crumbled Oreos and M&Ms to the bowl as well.
- Melt the white chocolate melting candy according to the directions on the package. Stir until smooth and pour over the popcorn mixture.
- Gently stir with a spatula to mix and coat everything in the candy coating.
- Spread the popcorn on a large sheet of parchment or a silicone baking mat. Let cool for 10-15 minutes to dry and harden before serving or packaging.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: CALORIES 636 | TOTAL FAT 35 G | SATURATED FAT 21 G | TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE 75 G | DIETARY FIBER 3 G | SUGARS 61 G | PROTEIN 6 G
Nutrition information is approximated based on 8 servings. I calculated for 10 Oreos instead of 1 cup.
Looking for more patriotic recipes?! Right this way.
CHECK OUT THESE RED, WHITE, AND BLUE TREATS!