Frog Eye Salad
.Frog Eye Salad is a delicious potluck classic and a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Check out my favorite summer recipes right here.
Ingredients Needed for Frog Eye Salad
- Acini de Pepe pasta
- canned pineapple
- mandarin oranges
- mini marshmallows
- shredded coconut
- Cool Whip
Recipe Tips & Notes
- It’s important to let the pasta and the sauce cool completely before adding the Cool Whip. Otherwise the Cool Whip will melt.
- I saw several versions online that called for a simpler version of this recipe using instant pudding mix and Cool Whip. But I couldn’t convince my husband to stray from the classic version! So if you’re looking to cut a little time, here’s an easier version that looks promising.
Today’s Recipe Video: Staple Whipped Cream
Frog Eye Salad
Frog Eye Salad is a delicious potluck classic and a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
- 8 ounces Acini De Pepe pasta
- 1 cup pineapple juice (reserved from pineapple tidbits)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 22 ounces mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drained and reserve juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- Cook the Acini De Pepe pasta according to package directions. When done, rinse under cold water in strainer. Let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat stir together pineapple juice, sugar, flour, salt and egg. Cook and stir constantly until mixture thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pasta and thickened mixture.
- Then gently fold in the mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, pineapple tidbits, marshmallows and coconut. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Looking for More Potluck Desserts?
Here are a few of my favorites!