Double Dark Chocolate Oreo Pudding Cookies
These double dark chocolate Oreo pudding cookies are insanely fudgy and dangerously delicious!
This post was originally published in 2013.
10. Make cream puffs
9. Acquire a decent elliptical trainer for less than $300
8. Visit the Newseum in Washington DC (and revisit GBD for some Waffles & Fried Chicken!)
7. Finish all of West Wing
6. Catch up to the current season of Dancing with the Stars
5. Fall asleep before 11:00pm
6. “Run” 13 miles on the elliptical
5. Zero out my inbox
4. Shop on Black Friday… and Cyber Monday
3. Surprise my husband with tickets for a weekend getaway to SLC (shhhh! Don’t tell! Seriously.)
2. Cut my work time down to 20 hours/week
1. Take the entire week of Christmas OFF to focus on family & fun 100%
Can you believe we have just a hair over 10 weeks left of the year?! In honor of that nutty fact, that’s my newly-compiled bucket list for the remainder of the year! I’ve never made a bucket list before, so I’m not totally sure I did it right… it looks an awful lot like a to-do list to me. But I’m going to try and make it happen, and see if I can end this year on a healthier/happier/more well-rounded note than the way I’ve spent most of it!
Here’s to New Year’s resolutions at the end of October!
PS- also in honor of the fact that we have officially reached the end of October, this is my last Halloween recipe for this year! And really, it’s only Halloween-ish because I used the orange Halloween Oreos. But you could, of course, use any kind you’d like 🙂
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3.75 oz Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Oreos, crumbled or rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until nearly creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing in between additions.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the tablespoon of water. Add both the baking soda and the vanilla to the mixer and mix well. Mix in the salt.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and pudding mix, and mix until dough forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed oreos using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined or silicon lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are set. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
If you don't have a stand mixer, you can certainly soften the butter first. Just be sure to chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking!
I pressed some extra Oreo crumbles and chocolate chips onto the tops of the cookie dough balls before baking... just to make them look extra yummy! But that's totally optional 🙂
Use Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Pudding Mix to make this recipe TRIPLE Dark Chocolate!