Healthy Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Recipe
Forever ago I posted to Facebook that I had been in the middle of eating breakfast, when I realized that it looked SO good and tasted so delicious that I just had to stop right then to photograph it for the blog.
Well this is it! Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal. Annnnnnnnnnd it's healthy. Well… at least it was before I got my hands on it. I, admittedly, upped the sugar count by adding chocolate chips and whipped cream to mine. But if you wanted to forgo those, you easily could and would still have a very chocolatey oatmeal bowl!
But… I have to say that the chocolate chips and the whipped cream really make it.
PS- this recipe has a banana in it. Don't let that freak you out. It gave me second thoughts, because I have a thing with banana texture. But seriously, you won't taste it!
- heaping 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar or 0-calorie sweetener
- Optional: 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Optional: whipped cream
- Combine all ingredients over medium heat and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally until soft.
- Serve warm with chocolate chips and whipped cream.
Recipe source: Chocolate Covered Katie
Don't miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky: