Before I became a blogger, I had pretty grandiose dreams of revolutionizing the cupcake scene world-wide.
Seriously. The whole cupcake craze: totally my idea.
But hey, let’s call a spade a spade– about a gazillion other better-funded cupcakers beat me to the worlwide-cupcake-revolutionizing punch.
I’ve made my peace with it.
Anyway. I wanted to have this super-amazing signature cupcake. Like, people could look at a cupcake and say, “Hey! That’s a Something Swanky cupcake!”
I decided my “thing” would be dipping the tops of my cupcakes in white chocolate before I frosted them. It’s amazing. Really amazing. I think it’s a texture thing for me. I like to have that little bit of something to bite through to get to the cupcake. You’ll have to try it and let me know what you think.
My favorite was Cookies-n-Cream. I don’t make my cupcakes like that anymore (and at the moment, I couldn’t tell you why not…), but I thought it’d be fun to bring back a version of my favorite cupcake on to the blog to share with you!
Cookies N’ Cream Stuffed Cupcakes with White Chocolate
- 1 batch of your favorite chocolate cupcakes
- 1 bag of White Chocolate Melting Discs
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 Recipe Cookies N’ Cream Buttercream (recipe below)
- Cut a small filling hole in the top of each cupcake. Reserve the caps.
- Fill each hole with a tablespoon of the Cookies N’ Cream buttercream.
3. Spoon melted white chocolate over the top of each cupcake.
4. Sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
Get a little festive with some crushed up candy canes too!
Cookies N’ Cream Buttercream
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Crushed up Oreos (the amount just depends on how much you like)
- Whisk together the butter and shortening.
- Add the powdered sugar and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the powdered sugar and beating well between additions. If you want it thinner: add more milk a tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the oreos.
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page