Cherry Vanilla Bean Sweet Rolls Recipe
I have officially entered the I'm-losing-my-mind phase of packing for our move. I mean, I've been skirting around it for a while, but I have full blown, completely stopped thinking clearly.
We have about 3 weeks left until the move, and in that time we are squeezing in: both of our families coming to town, a birthday party, graduation, a graduation party, and a family weekend trip to Washington D.C.
More specifically… we're fitting all of that in the next 5 days. And then moving.
Soooooooooooo…. yeah. That's happening.
And it's weeks like this week that remind we why I LOVE recipes like this one: it has a shortcut. Hallelujah. Am I right?!
These Vanilla Bean Cherry Sweet Rolls are delicious, easy to make, ready in about an hour, and gorgeous to boot!
I used my quick bread dough an easy and from-scratch base. If you wanted to make your own cherry filling, this strawberry sauce recipe is a perfect recipe to use (subbing cherries for the strawberries of course). But I used a pie filling for these. It cuts down on time and dishes, and as long as you choose a great brand (Lucky Leaf!!!), it still tastes amazing!
- 1 Recipe Quick Bread Dough, risen once
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling
For the frosting:
- 2 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste (or the insides of one vanilla bean)
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch on a well floured surface. Spread the pie filling over the dough.
- Roll the dough jelly-roll style. Cut into approximately 12 slices.
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish. Place the rolls close together in the dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size.
- Bake at 365 degrees F for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
For the frosting:
- Use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the sugar and vanilla paste and mix well. The frosting will only be grainy for about 5 minutes, but it will be smooth after that.
- Spread the frosting generously over warm cinnamon rolls and serve fresh.