Carrot Cake Crinkle Cookies
The sun was out today!!! Which is beyond exciting to me. I am SO ready for spring for so many reasons: warmer weather and sunshine, my husband’s graduation, and finally moving back to my hometown in North Carolina! Lots of fun things we have to look forward to in the coming months.
Since I’m not a very patient person, I’ve decided to urge Spring along by making lots of spring-time dessert recipes.
…I’m hoping it speeds up the time between now and graduation.
Carrot cake isn’t actually one of my favorite flavors. But my husband loves it. And I can get on board with carrot cake mix— but only the kind made with teeny-tiny carrot bits and absolutely no raisins. So every year around Easter time (and my husband’s birthday sometimes), I’ll do some fiddling around with carrot cake and usually end up with a few recipes we really like.
Keep in mind if you like a chunkier carrot cake, my recipes can always be adapted to your tastes by using a different cake mix (when the recipe calls for a mix, of course) or adding extra carrot shavings/raisins/pineapple/whatever else you like in carrot cake.
Products used in the making…
- 18.25 ounce carrot cake mix (not the additional ingredients on back of box)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix all ingredients together just until dough forms.
- Scoop out cookie dough by heaping tablespoons and roll them in powdered sugar before placing on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from: Food.com
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky: