Better Than Anything Caramel Stuffed Brownies
I am completely obsessed with “better than” desserts. Well, cakes. Because I didn’t know you could make anything else “better than…” until I happened upon these Better Than Anything Brownies by Six Sisters Stuff. Turns out, brownies can be made “better than…” after all!
I have to come clean with you though. I completely screwed up the recipe when I made these. I mean, completely. I misread it and thought I was supposed to use sweetened condensed milk, when it actually called for evaporated milk. And I couldn’t find my Kraft caramels, so instead I used melted Caramel filled Hershey Kisses! I went ahead and baked them up, expecting the worse, but they surprisingly turned out wonderful! And completely addictive. Oh! How it is impossible to only eat one!
Below, you will find my adapted version of the brownies, but you can see the original recipe on Six Sisters.
Recipe accidentally adapted from: Six Sisters Stuff
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup Heath Toffee Bits
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups caramel filled Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- Mix together the boxed chocolate cake mix, 1/2 of the sweetened condensed milk, and the melted butter. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a well greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle Heath bits over the batter.
- Whisk the milk into the remaining batter and set aside.
- Place the Hershey Kisses and remaining sweetened condensed milk into microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minutes. Stir until smooth and pour over the brownie batter in the 9x13 baking dish. Pour over the Heath Bits in the baking dish.
- The next bit is a little tricky: scrape the remaining batter over top of the melted Hershey Kisses. Try to drop it evenly over the batter, and spread it gently with a rubber spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. The middle will be gooey, of course, but it should still be slightly set before you remove it from the oven.
Better Than… Recipes from Friends