- 1/2 c. plain, quick-cook oats
- 1 c. water
- 2 tbsp. coconut
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar*
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream*
- 2 tbsp. butter*
- a palm full of semi-sweet chocolate chips
*These ingredients are used to make caramel sauce. Other acceptable substitutes would be: any store bought version of caramel sundae sauce or syrup; or even sweetened condensed milk boiled in the can to a caramel consistency.
- Mix water and oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 90 seconds, until oats are soft and water is absorbed (or follow the directions on the oatmeal package).
- In a small sauce pan, toast the 2 tbsp. of coconut over medium heat. It may take up to 5 minutes to start browning, but once it does– watch out! It toasts quickly!
- Set coconut aside (I spread mine out on a paper towel to cool), and using the same sauce pan, combine the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium heat until butter is melting and bubbling.
- Let bubble for about 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Stir the caramel sauce into the oatmeal. Fold in the chocolate chips and the coconut.
- Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014
- How to Frost Cookies like a Pro using Canned Frosting… with your kids! - December 15, 2014
- Party Popcorn Saturday: Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Popcorn - December 13, 2014