Samoas Pudding Mousse
- 1 small box instant pudding, vanilla flavored
- 1 c. milk
- 1 small tub cool whip
- 1/2 – 1 sleeve shortbread cookie (like Lorna Doone)
- toasted coconut (amount according to preference)
- 1/4 c. (at least) caramel sundae sauce (more if you want a caramel coconut layer)
- chocolate sundae sauce or syrup (for drizzling in between layers)
- Whisk together pudding mix, milk, and 1/4 c. caramel sauce.
- Quickly whisk in the cool whip until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Crush shortbread cookies in a zip top bag. Set aside.
- Toast coconut on stove top. This takes about 10 minutes, but once it starts to brown– it goes fast!
- Mix together equal amounts of caramel sauce and coconut (ie, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup caramel sauce– this amount just depends on how much you like!)– reserve at least a tablespoon or two of each for garnishing.
- Layer the crushed cookies, the caramel pudding mousse, the caramel coconut, and the chocolate syrup (in a trifle dish, in jars, or even in a tupperware container to save for later!).
- Garnish with toasted coconut, caramel sauce, and chocolate syrup.
Side note: I think this tastes it’s very best the next day– when the cookie crumbs have softened some and mixed with the caramel (which is better cold too). It’s great as soon as you make it, but for best results, give it a few hours in the fridge.
Another side note: Instead of using caramel sundae sauce, you could just melt down krafts caramels according to the directions on the package, adding 5 additional tablespoons of water. This will make the caramel chewier and more samoas-like.
Low/No Sugar Options:
- Sugar Free Fat Free instant pudding
- Reduced/No sugar caramel sauce (Smuckers, I think?)
- Reduced/No sugar chocolate syrup (I know Hershey’s makes some)
- Reduced Sugar graham crackers (instead of shortbread)
- Cool Whip Lite/No Sugar
Other Pudding Mousse Recipes:
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Rocky Road Fudge - December 18, 2014
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014
- How to Frost Cookies like a Pro using Canned Frosting… with your kids! - December 15, 2014