- I think candy corn is really gross. But I like to decorate with it.
- Despite said aversion, I feel that it is my duty, as a dessert blogger, to provide a candy corn-related recipe during the month of October.
- I have never made fudge before in my life.
- 6 cups white chocolate chips (I found that Nestle Toll House melted best)
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- Food coloring: yellow, orange (I used gel)
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with wax paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine white chips and sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into prepared baking dish and chill for 15 minutes. (Keep remaining fudge in saucepan, heat off).
- Stir fudge over low heat until melted and smooth again (should only take a minute or two).
- Pour 1/3 of mixture into a medium mixing bowl and whisk in orange food coloring (or 2 yellow + 1 red). Pour over the white layer in baking dish. Let chill for 15 minutes.
- Again, reheat the remaining 1/3 of fudge over low heat until melted and smooth. Whisk in yellow food coloring and pour over orange layer in baking dish.
- Let chill for 3-4 hours or overnight (best results).
Make sure you check out my White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge in a jar!