This is post #5 in a 3 week series of Girl Scout Cookie-inspired recipes!
Click here to view all of the recipes in this series.
Yay!! It’s Samoas week!! How thrilling is that?!
Last week I told you that Thin Mints are my favorite Girl Scout Cookies. And they were….. last week. But today, I’m thinking that Samoas are my favorite. I’m like….. 48% sure. I think.
I do know for sure (like 79%) that Thin Mints and Samoas are my top 2 at all times. They sort of alternate.
This dip actually came from the Girl Scout Cookies Series I did 2 years ago. It was one of my favorites, so I just had to bring it back this year.
This dip doesn’t actually involve any samoas! Which I sort of love and sort of hate at the same time.
On the one hand…. Samoas are awesome and someone should really put them in a dip. Right?! I didn’t do that.
Because on the other hand– it’s sort of refreshing to get creative with the ingredients in this recipe and use components from the cookie to incorporate in the dip, instead of just being a lazy-bones and throwing in some cookies (but… you know… you could do that too if you wanted. Just sayin).
This dip is built on a sweet cream cheese base (cream cheese + powdered sugar). Caramel filled Hershey Kisses bring the caramel and chocolate to the scene, while crushed shortbread cookies and toasted coconut complete the taste and texture that you have to have when you’re talking about Samoas.
As always, my very favorite dippers are pretzels and apples (especially green apples for this one)!! But feel free to double up on the chocolate and coconut-y goodness and give your Samoas a dunk!
Products I used in the making…
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 sleeve shortbread cookies
- 1-2 cups (according to taste) toasted coconut
- 1 cup Caramel Hershey Kisses
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add in the cookies, and mix on high (so the cookies are good and crushed).
- Mix in the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing in between additions and scraping down the side, until fully incorporated.
- Add Hershey kisses, mix on high so the chocolate breaks and the caramel is mixed into the dip.
- Fold in the toasted coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Keep chilled until serving (can be served immediately).