Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake
Cool and creamy and SUPER EASY Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake is perfect for your 4th of July dessert!
It’s been way too long since I posted a poke cake! Luckily, summer is the perfect time for this cool and creamy dessert. And the 4th of July is the perfect excuse to put up a new flavor!
There are a few fun components to this cake that I want to point out before you run off to the kitchen to get started:
A) I used a 4th of July funfetti cake as the base. It adds some fun color and makes it a little extra festive, but you could use just a regular ol’ white cake mix if you wanted. Or a from-scratch recipe too, if you’d rather!
B) Instead of the traditional SCM or pudding to pour over the poked holes in the cake, I used strawberry and blueberry pie fillings. They’re just as easy to use as the SCM and seep into the holes nicely. Additionally, they add a really yummy fruity flavor, and, of course, give the cake a little more Red, White, and Blue! The strawberry portions of the cake were my favorite, and if I were to make this again, I might only use strawberry filling…
C) I love 4th of July sprinkles! If you make this cake, see if you can get your hand on some. Since the top of the cake is all white, sprinkles will be the only clue that something colorful and fun is inside!
- 1 9x13 white or funfetti cake, prepared and cooled, still in pan
- 21 ounces canned blueberry pie filling
- 21 ounces canned strawberry pie filling
- 16 oz cool whip
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles for topping
- Optional: fresh blueberries and strawberries for topping
- Once the cake has completely cooled, *poke 24-30+ holes in it using the base of a wooden spoon.
- *Spoon the blueberry pie filling onto the cake in random spots. Spoon the strawberry pie filling onto the cake, and fill in any gaps in between the blueberry pie filling.
- Cover and chill for a 3-4 hours until the cake has absorbed the sweetened the pie filling a bit.
- Spread the cool whip over the cake. Top with sprinkles (and/or strawberries and blueberries).
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
More Red, White, and Blue delicious recipes!