Rainbow Fruit Tartlets
Tartlets are quite possibly one of the most beautiful, delicious, and EASIEST fancy desserts on the planet to make. Annnnnnnnd they just happen to be perfect for St. Patrick’s day, because fruit makes a beautiful rainbow!
The filling is a simply cream cheese and sugar mixture that my good friend Dorothy introduced me to a few years back. She also gave me a great from-scratch recipe for a tartlet cookie crust (seriously check it out, it’s an invaluable recipe) in that same post.
But today we’re using an even easier method for creating a tartlet crust: Pillsbury.
When your short on time (or energy, for that matter), Pillsbury’s refrigerated sugar cookie dough makes for a really delicious tartlet cookie crust. And totally without having to dirty up your Kitchen Aid (double points)!
Enjoy a little taste of the rainbow this St. Patrick’s day and impress all of your friends with these delicious and EASY tartlets!
- 16.5 ounces Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (yes, granulated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- fruit in a variety of colors
- 1 tbsp apricot jelly
For the crusts:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Divide the sugar dough among tart pans (I used 6 3-inch pans) or muffin tins. Bake for 10-12 minutes (closer to 10 for a tart pan, closer to 12 minutes for a muffin tin).
- Use the back of a spoon to push down the center of any cookies that have puffed up (creating an indentation for the filling). Let cool completely before removing from pans.
For the filling:
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. (Don't worry, after about 5 minutes, the sugar will be dissolved into the cream cheese, and it won't be grainy at all).
- Fill each crust with the filling. Arrange fruit on top.
- Whisk together the apricot jelly with a tablespoon of water. Brush the jelly-water mixture over the fruit to make it shiny and a little extra sweet. Serve immediately or keep chilled until serving.
This is a St. Patrick’s Day Pillsbury Blog Hop.
Which means… a bunch of my friends have also made some killer St. Patty’s day recipes using Pillsbury products. Be sure to check them out:
Irish Cream Cookie Dough Cheesecake by Roxana’s Home Baking
Rainbow Sugar Cookie Pops by Julie’s Eats and Treats
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies by Shugary Sweets
Mint Chocolate Cream Pies by Mom on Timeout
Biscuit Topped Beef and Guinness Pie by French Press
Reuben Pizza Roll by I Wash, You Dry
Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid by Wine & Glue
Corned Beef Biscuit Sliders by Foodness Gracious
Rainbow Cookie Tarts by Something Swanky
Rainbow Palmiers by Crazy for Crust
Irish Cream Chocolate Coconut Cookies by Inside BruCrew Life