Nutella Monster Cookies
If I could sum up this blog in 2012 with one dessert, it would be Monster Cookies.
I posted the recipe for the classic cookie in December last year– it's our family's favorite Christmas time cookie. It wasn't a big deal. Most people have the recipe. Mostly I just wanted it on my blog for easy personal access.
The Monster Cookie Dough Dip happened in January.
It was sort of an accident. I almost didn't post it (the pictures are hideous).
And that's when the Monster Cookie thing got out of control.
People liked the dip. A lot.
And I was addicted to seeing people say they liked the dip.
So I made Red Velvet Monster Cookies.
It's been quite the peanut butter and M&M sugar rush around here.
I've been dying to try Monster Cookies with Nutella, but I felt like the Crazy Monster Cookie Lady.
So I've been trying to take a break.
From the Monster Cookies.
Which was, clearly, some kind of a joke.
So I'm back with another Monster Cookie recipe 🙂
And, I must say, it's my favorite so far.
I'll be hard pressed to ever go back to peanut butter again!
Bold words, I know… but I tell no lies here.
Nutella Monster Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. shortening (not butter!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 1/2 c. oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 1/2 c. Nutella
- 1 package M&Ms
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- Using the paddle attachment in a stand mixer, combine all ingredients except for the M&Ms and the chocolate chips.
- Add in the chocolate chips and M&Ms using the lowest speed on the mixer.
- Scoop by tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes. Let set and cool on the baking sheet.
Powered by Recipage
- Note the adjusted temperature and time from the classic monster cookie recipe. My first batch burned pretty easily– but after the adjustments, they were just fine.
- I thought it helped to have the dough chilled a little bit.
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they'll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren't already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it's free)!
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.