Nutella Kiss Cookies
I think I’ve mentioned before that Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are probably my favorite cookies. They’re delicious, of course. But to me, they’ll always be my mom’s cookies.
And that, of course, is what really makes them so special.
Sometimes I wonder what food my kids will associate with me and their childhood. I rarely make the exact same dessert twice, if I’m being honest. Will they just remember a vague, rotating plethora of sugar and chocolate?
And then I think: Nutella. That’s what they’ll remember about my kitchen.
Lots and lots of Nutella.
So maybe these cookies can be some sort of a tribute to their maternal baking lineage– a combination of both me and my mother in a cookie.
They should be. Because these cookies say “awesome-amazing-fantastic.”
And that pretty much sums us up too ;)
1/2 c. shortening (not butter or margarine)
1/2 c. Nutella*
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. granulated sugar for rolling
36 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and nutella. Add the 1/2 c granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons and roll them into balls. Roll the balls in the granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart on a parchment lined, ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350º until edges are set.
- Press kisses into the center of each cookie as soon as they are removed from the oven. Let cook on wire rack. Makes approx. 3 doz cookies.
Home » Cookies » Nutella Kiss Cookies