Monster Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 recipe of Monster Cookie Dough Dip with the following alterations: 1/2 the cream cheese, 1/2 the butter, 1/2 the oats. (I did feel like these were pretty sweet- so you may want to play with decreasing the powdered sugar and increasing the oats or flour instead… just an idea).
- 1 package melted chocolate candiquik, melting chocolates, or semi-sweet chocolate chips (won’t harden as well, but will probably taste best 🙂
You can use any dipping method you’d like (freeze or don’t freeze)– the dough isn’t difficult to work with at all. But here’s the method that worked well for me:
1. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough into rounded balls. Place in a tupperware container, using wax papers to keep layers separate. Freeze the dough for 4-6 hours.
2. Use a toothpick inserted into the dough ball and dip into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off excess chocolate and set on wax paper with toothpick still inserted.
3. Work with 3 or 4 dough balls at a time, keeping the rest in the freezer. Pull out the toothpicks when dry (only takes a few seconds), and continue to reuse toothpicks throughout the rest of the batch (or use all new ones if you don’t mind the waste).
4. With a little strategic drizzling, no one will even notice the hole left from the toothpick 🙂
Can I offer you more Monster Cookies?
How about more Dough/Batter?