Devil’s Food Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
What time do you go to bed?
Me? It’s pretty much always after midnight.
Emma’s always been a pretty grand sleeper, and she rarely has me out of bed before 7:30am (unless I go running, then it’s 6:30am for me). But I’m still just dying.
I’ve always been a 9-hour kind of girl. And 7 hours or less of post-midnight sleep is just not cutting it.
When I was in college, I’d have to take a 9:00pm nap just to keep up with my night-owl roommates. And pulling an all-nighter? Forget about it. Never happened. Not once.
I just never saw the point. We spent all day desperate to catch a nap in class– why would I want to stay up all night just to go through the headache of trying to snooze and take notes at the same time??
So I was usually in bed on time.
And when it came time to enter the workforce? 10:30pm on-the-dot bedtime. Every night, no exceptions. When I was pregnant– bedtime moved to 8:00pm.
So, why, now that I spend my days with an energy-sucking 2-year old, can I not manage to drag myself under the covers before 1:00am?? Why?!?!
So here’s the deal:
First person to rummage around the universe and dig up three extra hours for my day gets a Devil’s Food Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treat.
That’s a pretty good deal
Recipe Adapted From: Chef-in-Training
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- 2/3 cup devil's food cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 can store bought chocolate frosting
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before frosting and cutting.