This Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake is delicious and super festive! Everyone knows that Cheesecake and Oreos belong together, especially during the holidays when you get to use extra special ingredients like Candy Cane Oreos and Andes Peppermint bits!
I feel like cheesecakes have a bad reputation for being way too hard to make. Everybody loves to eat a slice of cheesecake, but no one it willing to step to the plate and actually make one.
The truth is: there are about 50 billion kajillion things that are way scarier than making a beautiful cheesecake.
And I’d really like to enumerate all of those things, just to make a point. But to be fair (you know, since that list probably includes some actual scary things like murder… and the boogie man), how about I make a list of 10 baking-related things that are waaaaaaaay scarier than making a cheesecake? Will you believe me then?
1. Making a cake roll. It’s terrifying the first time.
2. Reaching for 3 eggs and only finding 2.
3. Making French Macarons. Obviously.
4. Attempting to substitute all the butter, oil, milk, eggs, and white flour with healthier ingredients.
5. Making royal frosting.
6. Piping royal frosting.
7. Everything about royal frosting going onto sugar cookies.
9. Piping roses on the side of a cake (can you tell I have piping issues?).
10. Candy thermometer. Enough said.
See? Compared to those things, cheesecake is a slice of cake! (pun intended)
Seriously though. It’s way easy. It’s really just like baking any other cake, except you don’t even really have to frost this one! I added chocolate ganache and Cool Whip to the top of mine, simply because I like how it looks. But you totally don’t have to add anything at all for this to be simply delicious!
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky: