White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
My very favorite recipe for pumpkin cookies made over into White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. These are SO GOOD!
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES ON FACEBOOK!
Ingredients Needed for White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- brown sugar
- an egg
- pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie FILLING)
- pumpkin spice pudding mix
- chocolate chips (I like using a combination of miniature and regular)
- baking soda
- white chocolate chips
Where do I find pumpkin spice pudding mix?
For the past several years, I’ve seen plenty of Jell-O brand pumpkin spice pudding mix at Target and Walmart. This is the first year in a really long time that I haven’t been able to track it down!! I was panicking at first– because my very favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies HAS TO have pumpkin pudding mix in the dough.
I still haven’t found Jell-O brand pumpkin spice pudding mix (seriously, what the heck?!). But I did find this Royal Delights Pumpkin Spice Dessert Mix at Walmart this year. And it’s 100% on point 👌🏻. It works just fine (maybe even better!) in all my recipes that call for pumpkin spice Jell-O, and I’ve been really happy with it ☺️.
Tips for Making White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Don’t expect these to be fluffy and cake-y like a traditional pumpkin cookie– they are NOT! These are chewy, buttery cookies with a texture just like a real snickerdoodle.
- Along those lines… this recipe only calls for 2 TABLESPOONS of real pumpkin. The rest of the pumpkin flavor comes from the pudding mix. The best way I’ve found to store leftover pumpkin is in a mason jar with a lid. That way I won’t forget about it (since the container is clear), and it doesn’t feel like it clutters up the fridge so much when it’s in a jar.
- These are pretty big cookies (1/4 cup dough per cookie), so they need to bake for a minute or two more than standard size cookies typically bake.
CHECK OUT MY RECENT VIDEOS
Chewy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
My very favorite recipe for pumpkin cookies made over into Chewy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. These are SO GOOD!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cups brown sugar
- ¾ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp baking soda, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, packed
- 3.4 ounce instant pudding mix, pumpkin spice flavor
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the butter for 45 seconds in the microwave. Whisk in the brown sugar and sugar.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix well. Add the baking soda water.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients together and gradually add to the wet mixture.
- Scoop 1/4 cup dough (using a 56mm scoop) and roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat well. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Let cool on the pan for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!