Wedding Cake Cupcakes
These wedding cake cupcakes are so good, you won’t want to save them for weddings only. Make these moist, fluffy cupcakes with whipped buttercream any time!
This post has been sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ALL OF MY RECIPES ON THE DIXIE CRYSTALS WEBSITE!
Main Ingredients Needed for Wedding Cake Cupcakes
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- egg whites
- vanilla and almond extract
Recipe Tips & Notes
- It’s really important to bring all of the cold ingredients to room temperature before mixing the batter. Otherwise the cupcakes will be dry and crumbly. The easiest way to do this is to simply set the cold ingredients on the counter several hours before you need to make the cupcakes (for instance, set them out before you go to bed at night and then mix up the batter in the morning).
- Here are some ideas for quickly bringing the ingredients to room temperature:
- Soften the butter in the microwave using the “soften” setting. You could also melt the butter if that’s easier, but let it cool a little before starting the batter (it shouldn’t be hot).
- Place the eggs in hot tap water for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the milk in the microwave and then mix the cold sour cream into the warm milk. This should quickly bring both ingredients to room temperature.
- If you can, I highly recommend using a very potent source of vanilla. Of course, generic grocery store vanilla will be just fine. But these cupcakes will really shine if you use vanilla paste, vanilla beans, or even just a very high quality vanilla extract in both the batter and the frosting.
Ready to Make This Recipe?
CLICK OVER TO DIXIE CRYSTALS TO GET THE RECIPE!
TODAY’S RECIPE VIDEO: MOM’S BANANA BREAD