Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake Recipe
This pound cake absolutely melts in your mouth and is sinfully delicious! I dare you to try and stop at just one slice.
I've never made a pound cake using sweetened condensed milk before, and I was pleasantly surprised at how incredibly moist it made this cake! Nothing dry and crumbly about it– you are not going to want to lose this recipe.
Pssssst! Join my Facebook Group for new desserts daily.
Add chocolate chips to this Sweetened Condensed Pound cake to make it even better!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Have you ever made dulce de leche with sweetened condensed milk? The same type of thing happens in this cake. Once the SCM gets hot enough (like when it's baked in a cake), it yields a caramel-like flavor.
- As you can see, I added mini chocolate chips to my loaf and they totally sunk to the bottom. I even sprinkled some on the very top of the batter, and those also sunk all the way to the bottom. It didn't really bother me– still tasted delicious. But just a heads up!
- Be sure to check the loaf frequently towards the end of baking and cover with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.
What's to love about this pound cake?
I can't get over the texture (and that subtle caramel flavor!). The exterior is slightly crispy and the inside is unbelievably soft and moist. Seriously, this is the most perfect pound cake loaf I've ever made.
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease a 10x5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. Watch frequently during the last 10 minutes of baking and cover with foil if it's overbrowning. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
Calories 306 | Total Fat 14 g | Saturated Fat 6 g | Total Carbohydrate 40 g | Dietary Fiber 0 g | Sugars 35 g | Protein 6 g
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE IT FOR LATER