SNICKERS® BAR Halloween Trifle
This post has been sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All thoughts and
opinions are my own.
Layers of cake, pudding, whipped cream, and snickers come together in a simple and delicious dessert topped with a chocolate syrup spider web. This Snickers Trifle is perfect for this season’s Halloween parties and spooky gatherings!
DON’T MISS MY FAVORITE HALLOWEEN RECIPES ON FACEBOOK!
Ohhhh, my friends. It’s ALMOST here! Can’t you just feel it in the air?! The most glorious part of the entire year: the BEGINNING of the holiday season.
And isn’t Halloween just the best holiday to start with? What better way to kick off three months filled with good eats and pretty treats than with a holiday that is 10000000% centered around candy! It’s like the perfect “gateway” holiday. It’s all fun and games and SNICKERS® bars without any of the stress that comes with the gift-giving, giant-meal-making, and extended-family-ing you’ll have to deal with in another month.
And I’ve got THE BEST Halloween recipe to share with you today. It combines my two great Halloween loves: Fun Size SNICKERS® candies from Walmart + food with spider webs on it 🕸😍.
Ingredients for SNICKERS® BAR HALLOWEEN TRIFLE
WALMART HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE IT!
- chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- whipped topping
- instant pudding mix (chocolate!)
- Fun Size SNICKERS® candies
- chocolate syrup
My Walmart already has the big bags of Mars Seasonal Halloween Candies right up front, and I’ll bet yours does too. Just toss a couple of bags right on into the cart next time you’re making a grocery run! Because, let’s be real– when do you NOT need a giant bag of mixed chocolate candies (and let’s not forget SKITTLES®) during the month of October?!
How to make a SNICKERS® BAR Halloween Trifle
- Bake a chocolate cake.
- Cut it into bite sized pieces once cooled.
- Chop SNICKERS® bars minis into quarters.
- Alternate layers of the candy, cake, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping in a trifle dish.
How to make the spider web on top
- Spread the whipped topping out evenly on top of the trifle.
- Draw circles (like a bullseye) with chocolate syrup on top.
- Drag a toothpick from the center circle outward repeatedly to create a spider-web look.
WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:
SNICKERS Halloween Trifle
Layers of cake, pudding, whipped cream, and snickers come together in a simple and delicious dessert topped with a chocolate syrup spider web. This Snickers Trifle is perfect for this season's Halloween parties and spooky gatherings!
- 1 chocolate cake, baked and cooled (from scratch or a box mix)
- 3/4 oz. chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 16 oz. whipped topping
- 2 cups SNICKERS® bars minis, chopped
- chocolate syrup
- Cut up the chocolate cake into bite sized pieces in the pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and skim milk until thickened.
- Place 1/3 of the cake pieces in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Layer about 1/3 of the candy pieces on top of the cake.
- Spread 1/3 of the pudding over top.
- Spread 1/3 of the whipped topping on top of the pudding.
- Repeat for 3 layers.
- Follow directions in the post and the video for creating a spider web on top with chocolate syrup.
- Chill for at a least an hour before serving.
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!