Red, White, and Blue Popcorn Mix
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser, MARS Wrigley Confectionery. All opinions are mine alone. #NeverStopSummering #NSS2021 #MMS #Skittles Red, White, and blue popcorn mix
Red, White, and Blue Popcorn Mix
This Red, White, and Blue Popcorn Mix made with Peanut M&M’S® Red White & Blue Mix and SKITTLES® America Mix is the perfect treat to compliment your backyard BBQs, pool parties, and movie nights this summer.
Visit NeverStopSummering.com for rules and free method of entry. Ends August 31st. No purchase required to win.
White chocolate covered kettle corn, pretzels, marshmallows, and candy come together in just a few minutes to make a delicious popcorn mix that is perfect for entertaining this summer. It's a great no bake treat and a hands-down family favorite!
- SKITTLES® America Mix
- Peanut M&M’S® Red White & Blue Mix
- kettle corn
- mini pretzels
- mini marshmallows
- rice squares cereal
- white chocolate
FAQs: Popcorn Mix
What is good to mix with popcorn?
This recipe includes all of my very favorite things to mix in with popcorn, especially once everything is coated in white chocolate. My perfect handful has lots of Peanut M&M’S® candies and marshmallows! But you can get as creative with this recipe as you want– or keep it simple. It's totally up to you!
Here are some more fun ideas for mix-ins:
- dried cranberries
- peanut butter filled pretzel bites
- cookie crumbles
- potato chips
How do you make homemade kettle corn?
Kettle corn is the very best kind of popcorn to use in a mixed recipe like this. It won't deflate or absorb any of the moisture from the chocolate, because the crispy sugar shell around each kernel acts as a barrier between the popcorn and the white chocolate. For any kind of a popcorn mix, I will typically use a bag of store-bought kettle corn to keep things quick and easy.
But you can absolutely make your own, homemade kettle corn if you want to go the extra mile! Here's what you'll need to make homemade kettle corn:
- 1/4 cup vegetable, canola, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- salt for sprinkling
You can find the full recipe with all of the instructions over here in this post.
What are some fun family movies?
Most of our summer entertaining will revolve around our kids. And it will definitely include at-home family movie nights (my favorite) with a big bowl of our favorite popcorn mix. In fact, we're going to finally spring for an outdoor projector this year, and we are feeling extra excited for our family movie nights this summer!
It's hard to find a family movie and munchies that will please everyone in the family. But I've got you covered on both counts! This Red, White, and Blue Popcorn Mix has something for everyone, and it only takes a few minutes to throw together. Spend less time in the kitchen and more time having fun with your family this summer!
- 4 cups kettle corn
- 5 cups rice squares cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Red, White, and Blue Peanut M&M’S®
- 1 cup SKITTLES® America Mix
- 12 ounces white melting chocolate (like Wilton or Candiquik)
- Pour the kettle corn, cereal, pretzels, and marshmallows into a large bowl.
- Melt the white melting candy according to the directions on the package. Once melted and smooth, pour over the cereal and kettle corn. Use a large rubber spatula to gently stir and coat everything well.
- Add the M&M’S® and SKITTLES® to the bowl and gently stir to coat.
- Spread mixture on a large nonstick surface (like a silicone baking mat or parchment paper) to allow to cool and harden (10-20 minutes).
- Break into pieces for serving or packaging.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g