Gingerbread Fudge Recipe
This yummy gingerbread fudge is the perfect treat for Christmas! No candy thermometer or special equipment needed.
ARE WE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK YET?
Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread Fudge
- white chocolate
- powdered sugar
- instant pudding mix, Gingerbread flavor (Jell-O Limited Edition)
- optional: chocolate and white chocolate melting candy for dipping + sprinkles
That's it! I told you it was a simple recipe ☺️.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I used this Gingerbread Man stamp cutter to make my fudge look like cute little gingerbread men. If you want to do this too, be sure to press your fudge into a 9×13 baking dish. If it's any thicker than that, it will be difficult to cut the fudge with a stamp cutter.
- You could also press this into a 9×9 baking dish and cut the fudge into bite-sized squares, the way you would normally cut fudge.
- Dipping the fudge in chocolate is optional, but I really like gingerbread flavor best when it's paired with chocolate! And it's kind of classy looking, don't you think?
- Alternately, you could drizzle chocolate on top like I did with this Vanilla Bean Fudge.
- I highly recommend using chocolate melting candy for dipping or drizzling. It sets up quicker and better.
- I bought my holly sprinkles at Target, but you can find some variation of these in most grocery stores right at this time of year (tip: definitely stock up on sprinkles when Christmas stuff goes on clearance in a few weeks!!)
How to Store Fudge
I've found that the best way to store fudge is in an airtight container with strips of parchment or wax paper between the layers. I like to keep it in the fridge so that it's firm. But you can usually store fudge at room temperature too without a problem. However, fudge does not do well when you take it from being chilled to room temperature in a container. Condensation forms on the fudge and makes it sticky.
Pair this Holiday Fudge with a Christmas Mocktail!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”Pzc3aDmY” upload-date=”2018-11-17T05:16:07.000Z” name=”Cranberry Vanilla Coke 2″ description=””]
- 4 ounces BAKER'S white chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 3.4 ounce instant pudding mix, Gingerbread flavored
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Put the white chocolate, butter, and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, and whisk ingredients together until smooth. Mix in the pudding mix.
- Mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time (I used the whisk for the first two additions and switched to a rubber spatula for the third addition).
- Line a baking dish (see the recipe notes for the correct sizing for your batch) with foil and press the fudge into the dish as evenly as possible. Let cool completely (at room temperature or in the refrigerator) until firm enough to cut.
- Dip in melted chocolate and let cool to harden if desired.
Check Out My Other Holiday Videos
How to Fold Christmas Tree Napkins
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”670dUxlV” upload-date=”2018-11-17T07:07:19.000Z” name=”Tree Napkins” description=””]
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”AjrYULVQ” upload-date=”2018-08-28T02:59:24.000Z” name=”Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pudding Cookies” description=””]
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”vJwP7Nh2″ upload-date=”2018-10-26T01:25:33.000Z” name=”Homemade Mallomars” description=”null”]