Cute & Easy Football Party Ideas
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomeGatingHacks #CollectiveBias
Here are a few of my favorite cute & easy football party ideas– quick decorating, easy recipes, and (the cherry on top) my Southern Coca Cola Cake with Roasted Peanut Buttercream!
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL EATS ON FACEBOOK!
Looking for Cute & Easy Football Party Ideas? I’ve got you covered!
Here in the South, Coca Cola and peanuts is a thing. I don’t know why it’s so good and I don’t know who started it, but it’s been going on around here since at least the 1920’s and for good reason! Sweet and salty has always been a classic combo, so it stands to reason that salty peanuts paired with a sweet Coca Cola tastes ????????. I thought it would be fun to draw from my Southern roots and put together a Coca Cola-and-Peanuts themed football party! Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite ideas for quick decorating, easy recipes, and (the cherry on top) my Southern Coca Cola Cake with Roasted Peanut Buttercream!
Pick up a few party essentials at Food Lion.
Save money on the products you love by grabbing your game day food at Food Lion! Here’s some of what you’ll need to recreate the food from my Coca Cola & Peanuts themed party:
- Food Lion Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels
- Food Lion Organic Salted Popcorn
- Pretzel Rods
- Food Lion Plain Greek Yogurt
- baking chocolate and white chocolate
- powdered sugar
- peanuts (roasted and shelled)
- peanut butter
- chocolate cake mix
- caramel sundae sauce
- chocolate iced donuts
- white frosting
And of course every party needs the refreshing taste of Coca Cola. There’s a Coca-Cola for everyone! My husband and I love Diet Coke and Coke Zero Sugar (tastes just like the original but without the sugar).
Spend time watching the game with your friends, not slaving away in the kitchen!
When you’re hosting the perfect Homegating football party, it can be easy to get sucked into spending all of your time prepping food and completely miss out on the fun! Save your energy for cheering on the team, and make these quick and easy party food recipes instead.
Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Muddy Buddies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 cups peanut butter filled pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Directions: Melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Add the peanut butter filled pretzels and stir until pretzels are coated well. Add the powdered sugar and toss until pretzels are coated well.
Football Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- 8 ounces baking chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces baking white chocolate, melted
- pretzel rods
Directions Dip each pretzel rod in the melted chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper to cool. Pour the melted white chocolate into a zip top bag and snip the corner (just a very tiny cut will do). Carefully pipe on the football seams. Let cool to harden completely.
- chocolate iced donuts
- green frosting
- white frosting
- candy footballs
Directions Use a piping bag and tip to pipe white seams on the donuts using the white frosting. You can also use a grass frosting tip to pipe green frosting on the donuts and top with a candy football.
Quick & Easy Football Party Decorating Ideas
As you can see, most of my decorating doubles as food (win-win)! Since the decorations and food pull double duty, you get to spend half the time on prep work. My favorite details are the simplest. I love the shelled peanuts and popcorn in the galvanized buckets. How cute is that?! Here are a few tips for easily decorating for a Football Party at home:
- utilize the black and white Halloween decorations in stores! I feel like there are always more Halloween decor options than football-themed pieces to choose from. Grab the black and white stuff, add a few pops of green, and your football field motif is well in hand.
- raid the dollar section of your favorite super store. There are tons of cute banners, paper cups, and decorative wooden signs for less than a few dollars out there. You really only need one or two statement pieces like this.
- galvanized tins, buckets, and mason jars are AWESOME for a football-themed party. Masculine enough to be appropriate for football, yet remarkably on trend ????????.
Since I’m all about desserts, I decided to make an EASY layer cake the centerpiece for my tablescape. I love that it adds a new layer to the decor by using a cake stand. And layer cakes are always impressive– even a simple one like this one. Plus, it encapsulates my Coca-Cola and peanuts theme perfectly!
Southern Coca Cola Cake with Roasted Peanut Buttercream
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream, chilled
- 2 cups cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy roasted peanut peanut butter
Caramel PB Drip
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup caramel sundae sauce
Directions Mix together the cake mix, Coca-Cola, Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, and eggs to make the cake batter. Divide the batter into 3 round cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes at 350ºF or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Make the frosting by whipping the butter and peanut butter together. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the whipping cream and whip until light and fluffy. Frost the cooled cake. Melt the 1/4 cup peanut butter in the microwave. Whisk in the caramel sauce. Spread the sauce on top of the cake and allow to drip down the sides.
Earn rewards at Food Lion for all of your game day purchases!
HOW IT WORKS
- Activate: Activate your personalized monthly offers by visiting your Shop & Earn offer page through the Food Lion Mobile App or on foodlion.com. Offers begin tracking as soon as you visit (so visit early!).
- Shop: Start shopping and scan your MVP Card with each purchase. Track your progress towards your rewards by visiting the Shop & Earn offer page. You have until the end of the current month to earn your rewards. Earned rewards are added to your MVP Wallet.
- Redeem: Earned rewards are automatically redeemed on your next purchase by simply scanning your MVP Card. You’ll have until the end of the following month to redeem your earned rewards. Check you MVP Wallet for your rewards balance.