This post has been sponsored by Del Monte Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Corn Pudding (also called Corn Spoonbread or Corn Casserole) – this is a southern staple at any holiday table. Part cornbread and part creamed corn, this southern delicacy is a simple (but delicious!) must make this fall.
At Del Monte®, their aim is and always has been quality. They have been farming for over 130 years, experience that allows them to deliver the best vegetables possible to our dinner tables. That’s why I’m using Del Monte® Cream Style Golden Sweet Corn in my holiday Corn Pudding!
For me, holiday baking is about 2 things: 1) desserts and 2) side dishes. I can forego the turkey and ham without a second thought. I’ll even relegate the bread to the back burner for the most part (unless it’s Aunt Carol’s rolls!). All I want is a plate FULL of comfort food sides. The yams and the casseroles and the mashed potatoes with gravy and the puddings and the sauces! The SIDES are really where the magic happens, right?!
Corn pudding is a classic southern recipe, and I don’t think it always gets the spotlight it deserves. Maybe because people don’t know what it is. Is it a casserole? Or bread? Or is it corn???
The answer is simply: YES. It’s all of that. And so much more. Basically, you have to try it to understand it. Fortunately for those unfamiliar with corn pudding, this recipe is super SIMPLE and a guaranteed success at any holiday table!
Ingredients for Corn Pudding
- Del Monte® Cream Style Golden Sweet Corn
- Del Monte® Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- boxed cornbread mix
Use Del Monte’s store locator to find out where you can buy their products!
Why Del Monte®?
- A can of Del Monte® Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn contains corn, water, a dash of salt and… NOTHING ELSE.
- Del Monte grows with the care of family farms, many of which have been with them for generations, and preserve the wholesome goodness you’d expect from your own backyard garden.
- Del Monte’s vegetables are grown in the United States and packed within 75 miles of the farm where they are picked.
Basically, Del Monte canned vegetables are a high quality, delicious, and convenient alternative to fresh vegetables to use in your holiday cooking. And be sure to check out Del Monte’s collection of holiday recipes on their website for more delicious side dish inspo!
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 1/2 ounce box cornbread mix
- 1 can Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 can Del Monte Sweet Corn, Cream Style
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until a lumpy batter forms. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top and pulling away from the edges.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving with a spoon.
Check out my videos for more Thanksgiving inspo!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”7FdhPDsc” upload-date=”2018-11-10T03:29:26.000Z” name=”Salted Honey Pie 2″ description=””]