Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
- 1 c. butter, room temperature or margarine
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 tbsp. milk or cream
- 2/3 c. cocoa powdered sugar
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the butter and one cup of powdered sugar.
- Add 1 tbsp of milk, the vanilla, and the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add another tablespoon of milk and a cup of powdered sugar and mix well.
- Continue adding milk and powdered sugar until you've reached your desired taste and consistency (I usually stop at 3 cups of powdered sugar and end up with about 4 tbsp milk, moreso if using cream).
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!