Brownie Batter Pancakes
This month, I’ve teamed up with Betty Crocker to celebrate BIRTHDAYS!
In case you missed it, last time I posted this super gorgeous, SUPER EASY, and super delicious Chocolate Cherry Cola Cake, and we chatted all about putting together easy (but AWESOME) birthday parties. In particular– a chocolate cherry themed birthday party. It’s a ridiculously cute idea, so be sure to check out that post to see what it’s all about!
No matter the theme, all birthday planning involves certain key components that really take the special day above and beyond. To name a few:
- Incredible cake-age (obviously)– here are over 100 ideas to get you started. And if that’s not enough? Betty’s got you covered. Check out their impressive arsenal of sweet birthday cake ideas here.
- Finding the perfect gift. I love this gift guide for preschoolers and this one for husbands! Annnnnnnnd this gift guide for that special baker in your life…. you know… in case you wanted to buy me something ;)
- Last, but not least: BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST!
BettyCrocker.com has some great ideas for every day and special occasion breakfasts, which is where I snagged the recipe for these brownie batter pancakes.
I went back and forth on whether to top these with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and, in the end, I decided to go with whipped cream for photography’s sake (no melting ice cream to worry about if I took too long!). But the more time I spent staring at these through my camera, the more I kept thinking… shoulda gone with the ice cream.
Wouldn’t these just be so stellar served warm with a huge scoop of vanilla bean on top?! I think so. Especially for a birthday.
Moral of the story: don’t do something you’ll regret. Learn from my mistakes and grab a carton of your favorite vanilla to go with these chocolate-y pancakes! It’ll be like eating brownies and ice cream for breakfast– which is a pretty stellar start to any special day.
Let’s talk about this recipe.
It’s short and sweet (that’s the best kind, right?). Brownie mix, Bisquick, milk, and eggs– that’s it! The Bisquick makes them extra fluffy, brownie mix makes them brownie-batter-y, and the rest is just gravy, baby! I love that the execution of this recipe is so incredibly simple, but the result is so incredibly fun.
Remember: when you serve these up for s special day, be sure to stack ‘em high and smother the pile in chocolate syrup and sprinkles! And an extra cherry on top never hurt anybody.
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. Grease lightly with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients until smooth (I also added the fudge packet that came with my brownie mix). Pour 1/4 at a time onto the hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Flip and cook other side.
Recipe Source: Betty Crocker
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!
Be sure to connect with Betty Crocker for more inspiration!
Brand Website: www.bettycrocker.com
Birthday Hub: www.bettycrocker.com/birthdays
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.