5 SUPER Lunchbox Ideas
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WinWinSnacks #CollectiveBias
With creative lunchbox ideas like The Hungry Caterpillar, Super Heroes, and the Jungle, lunch time will never be boring again!
Back-to-School is just around the corner, which means it’s time to make lunch fun again! I had a blast creating FIVE themed lunches that every kid would love to find when they open a lunchbox. Jif® Power Ups™ Chewy Granola Bars and Jif® Power Ups™ Creamy Clusters are the perfect addition to any of these lunches, because they contain ingredients that you feel good feeding your kids and that kids love to eat.
CONNECT WITH JIF ON FACEBOOK!
Ready to get started?
First things first– head to Target and grab a box of Jif® Power Ups™ Chewy Granola Bars and Jif® Power Ups™ Creamy Clusters. They’re the perfect addition to any snack or lunchbox, but I think they go particularly well with my Super Hero themed lunch!
Super Hero Lunch
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Ninja Turtle Gelatin– place a strip of blue tape across a green gelatin cup, and add two googly eyes.
- Captain America’s Shield– stick a shiny star sticker on a red wax covered cheese round.
- Captain America’s Shield (again)- use a round cookie cutter to cut two circles from a tortilla. Use a smaller round cookie cutter to cut a circle out of the inside of one of the circles. Cut a star out of the middle circle. Spread red pepper hummus over the bottom circle, and place the circle border and the star over the hummus.
- Caped yogurt tube and Jif® Power Ups™ Chocolate Flavored with Peanut Butter Chewy Granola Bar– fold the corner of a colored paper napkin. Affix it to the yogurt or the granola bar with a small rubber band, and fan it out to look like a cape.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Animal Crackers– I also added some dried cranberries, because my kids love those!
- Banana Chips and Twist Pretzel Sticks (vines)– because monkeys eat bananas and swing on vines, right?!
- Snack Cake with Zebra Stripes– there are a few different snack cakes out there that could work in a jungle theme, but the ones I’ve pictured here are my favorite :)
- Monkey Face Sandwich– put together a peanut butter sandwich and cut with a round cookie cutter (I think this one is 3-4 inches). Use a knife or spatula to spread peanut butter on the bottom third of the sandwich as pictured. Use a baggie with the corner snipped off to pipe on the facial details with chocolate nut butter. Two small circles from the bread scraps make the ears! I used candy eyes, but you can use chocolate chips or just pipe on the eyes with nut butter.
- Cheetah Print Tape– love this stuff! Add it to applesauce packets, juice boxes, and anything else to add the the jungle theme.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heart-Shaped Strawberries- I found LOTS of tutorials online for cutting out perfect heart shaped strawberries. I thought the easiest and prettiest ones were made using a small heart shaped cookie cutter. I didn’t have one small enough, so I just cut my strawberries down the center and used a knife to shape the tops into heart-like curves by hand.
- Heart-Shaped Tomatoes- just like the strawberries, you can easily find lots of tutorials online for creating these little tomato hearts. It took me a little trial and error to get these just right, but in the end they didn’t give me TOO much trouble.
- Heart-Shaped Cookie- I just grabbed a box of cookies from the grocery store bakery and used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to create these on-theme cookies in a matter of moments.
- Heart-Shaped Sandwiches- make any kind of sandwich a heart by using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. I added a little peanut butter to the top of one and then dipped it in sprinkles to create a “fairy bread” sandwich.
ORANGE LUNCH IDEAS:
- Cheese Crackers
- Orange Slices
- Cheddar Cubes
- Orange Gelatin
The Hungry Caterpillar Lunch
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- The Caterpillars- stick green grapes on a skewer and top with a red grape (to look like the caterpillar head).
FOODS ‘THE HUNGRY CATERPILLAR’ ATE:
- A Cupcake
- Swiss Cheese
Jif® peanut butter goodness your family knows and loves.
JIF is the #1 brand of peanut butter in the USA and I love that I can purchase Jif® Power Ups™ during my weekly (*cough* three-times-a-week *cough*) Target run. My picky eaters loved both of the flavors I brought home (Jif® Power Ups™ Chocolate Flavored with Peanut Butter Chewy Granola Bars and Jif® Power Ups™ Creamy Peanut Butter Creamy Clusters).
My personal favorite was the chocolate flavored one. Because chocolate 💁🏻.
No matter which one(s) you love, be sure to pick up your favorite flavors at your nearest Target. And save 30% with this Cartwheel offer!