Pumpkin Pretzel Bites
These easy pumpkin pretzel bites are an easy salty + sweet Fall snack that you won't be able to stop munching on!
I'm pretty picky about my pumpkin consumption. Generally, my rule is that I stay away from pretty much anything pumpkin that is NOT baked. I think the “fresh” pumpkin flavor is just too overwhelming, and it desperately needs some butter, sugar, and flour to even it out a little bit.
My exceptions to the must-be-baked rule almost entirely include pumpkin treats that have been made with pumpkin FLAVOR (not real pumpkin). Like this pumpkin cream pie made with pumpkin pudding mix– that's something I can get behind! Or this pumpkin fudge made with pumpkin spice morsels (like chocolate chips).
Or these pumpkin pretzel bites!
With a pretzel on the bottom, a Pumpkin Hershey Kiss, an M&M, and a drizzle of white or dark chocolate these poppable pumpkin bites are pretty irresistible.
I entirely surprised myself by loving those pumpkin Hershey Kisses. Like I said– I'm picky about pumpkin treats. And these just did not look or smell all that appealing. But in the name of research, I tried one. And then another. And then another. And then I was hooked.
Add to that a little salty crunch and an M&M and I never really stood a chance against these little guys.
Another obviously awesome thing about this recipe is that it is SO EASY. And pretty quick too.
You could skip the chocolate drizzle at the end, but I'm going to advise you not to for two reasons:
☝???? I'm sorry to say it, but these kind of look like boobs without the chocolate drizzle on top ????! And I swear, I don't think it's that my mind is in the gutter over here ????. You have to admit the pumpkin Kisses are pretty close to flesh colored. And the way they melt in the oven.. well, you'll see!
And ✌???? Is there anything not made better by a chocolate drizzle? It adds the perfect texture and flavor. I really feel like it balances out the strength of the pumpkin flavor just right.
- Round or square pretzels
- Pumpkin Hershey Kisses (I found mine at Target)
- Plain M&Ms
- about 1/4 cup White or Chocolate melting candy for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Layer pretzels on the sheet. Unwrap Kisses and place one on each pretzel. Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down, about 3-4 minutes
- Remove pretzel Kisses from oven and gently press an M&M down on each one. The Kiss should flatten out when you press the M&M on it. If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.
- Let the pretzel hugs cool completely.
- If opting for the chocolate drizzle: melt down the chocolate according to the directions on the package and drizzle it over the pretzel bites. (I like to melt mine in a zip top bag and then snip a corner to pipe).