- Bake a chocolate pound cake.
- Mix chips and whipping cream in a bowl, until chips are thoroughly coated, Microwave for 1 minute, stirring after, Microwave at 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. (if you want a thicker ganache, add 1/8 cup butterscotch chips at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency) and pour 1/2 over baked pound cake. Let cool.
- Cut up cake into bite sized chunks and place in a well greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Whisk together 4 eggs and 2 cups of milk (remember I was using 3/4 of a cake, for a whole cake you should probably up it to 6 eggs and 3 cups of milk) and pour egg mixture over the cake. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes
- Pour remaining ganache over the baked bread pudding. Serve warm with a gigantic dollop of whipped cream
- Chocolate pound cake
Chocolate Butterscotch Ganache
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
If You Enjoyed This Treat, Try More Recipes!
This White Chocolate Strawberry Cake is as delicious as it is beautiful! Fluffy white cake made from scratch, filled with my mom’s homemade strawberry sauce, and frosted with a whipped white chocolate buttercream that is TO DIE FOR.